The Bailieborough Poetry Prize 2018 is launched…
This year’s judge is Noel Monahan
Closing date for entries is Monday September 10th 2018
Conditions of entry:
- Closing date for entry is Monday September 10th 2018.
- First prize of €300 for winning poem.
- Each poem must not exceed 50 lines, and should be typed, single-spaced.
- The competition is open to anybody who has reached their 18th birthday by the closing date of the competition.
- Up to three poems may be submitted per entry. You may submit as many entries as you wish. A fee of €5 per poem or 3 poems for €10 is payable. Payment should be made via the PayPal button.
- In the case of email entries poems should be submitted as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address used to submit the entry must be the same as the email used for the Paypal transaction. The attachment should contain the text of the poems with no author identification. The body of the email must also contain the text of the poems as well as the entrant’s name, phone number and postal address. Entries will be judged anonymously.
- Postal entries will be accepted if accompanied by payment in euros only (cheques or money orders, made payable to ‘LitLab’. The address is: Bailieborough Poetry Competition, LitLab- c/o Bailieborough Library, Market Square, Bailieborough, Co Cavan.
- The judge this year is Noel Monahan.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no feedback or critique can be offered. The judges reserve the right not to award a prize or prizes if no entry, in the judge’s opinion, meets an appropriate standard.
- All shortlisted poems will be featured at a reading at Bailieborough Poetry Festival in October 2018, and authors will be invited to attend. If the author is unable to attend the short-listed poem will be read by a LitLab member. The winner will be announced at that reading and will be published on the website.
- The shortlisted poems may be published on the Bailieborough Poetry Festival website.
- Copyright of poems remains with the authors. Submission of an entry licences (but does not oblige) Bailieborough Poetry Festival to publish the entry online, and to read it at a public presentation, in connection with this and other competitions.
- Entries should not be currently under consideration for publication or competition elsewhere, and should be previously unpublished in printed or online format.
- Bailieborough Poetry Festival reserves the right to disqualify entries which do not follow these guidelines. In such cases entry fees will not be refunded.
- No current member of LitLab may enter the competition.